RCS Conducting Skills: Intermediate
Whether you work with school bands, community groups or amateur musicians, this course will teach you important conducting techniques which will help you to get the most out of your ensembles.
Using a mixture of lecture demonstration, practical exercises and discussion, students can develop and refine basic skills, including communicative gestures and rehearsal technique.
Led by expert Nigel Boddice MBE, this is a practical, hands-on introduction to the art of conducting.
By the end of the course students will have:
- learned the foundations of directing in the art of baton technique
- clarified simple beating patterns
- begun to appreciate the value of the preparation beat
- started to incorporate simple stylistic gestures
- gained an introduction to the role of the left hand
Students will have the opportunity to put their new skills into practice working with a string quartet on day one and a full wind orchestra on day two.
Date: Sat 15th – Sun 16th Feb 2020
Time: 10:00 – 17:00
Location: Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, 100 Renfrew Street, Glasgow, G2 3DB
Further details can be found on the RCS website