RCS Aspiring Conductor
This specialist music course introduces young people aged 12 – 17 to the principles of conducting and is led by Nigel Boddice, MBE.
On this course young people with a passion for music, communication and gesture, will:
- learn the foundations of directing in the art of baton technique
- understand simple beating patterns
- begin to appreciate the value of the preparation beat
- think through more carefully how to develop rehearsal technique
- gain an introduction to the role of the left hand
Having gained an introduction to solid conducting technique this intensive one day course culminates with students conducting a live ensemble of musicians.
This is the only course of its kind in Scotland and students will be offered the chance to develop and refine basic skills, including communicative gesture and rehearsal technique.
Ages: 12 – 17
Date: 19th Jan 2020
Time: 10:00 – 17:00
Location: Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, 100 Renfrew Street , Glasgow, G2 3DB
Further details can be found on the RCS website