The Scottish Association for Music Education (SAME) is the professional association which represents all those involved in music education.
This includes Nursery and Primary class teachers and specialists, Secondary class teachers, instrumental tutors, AS teachers and those within Education Authorities with responsibility for music. The experience and expertise of its members has contributed to music education in a wide variety of fields.
There are strong links with the provision of music education at Further and Higher levels and also links with community education and education in prisons.
SAME helps its members to deliver high quality music education by:
- Enabling contact with colleagues through conferences and mailshots
- Contributing to the creation of a strong unified voice for music education nationally
- Promoting the professional development of its members
- Sharing good practice in music education
- Regular distribution of a magazine
- Sending regular email messages and news of current developments
- Providing an on-line discussion forum and resource exchange
- Consulting on issues of importance to education, to teachers and to music
- Collaborating with other appropriate organisations
SAME membership is freely available to all involved in music education in Scotland. An elected committee drawn from across the country and representing a variety of sectors and stakeholders is responsible for the running of the Association.
Scottish Association for Music Education Committee Members
|Pauline Black||University of Aberdeen|
|Julie Carrie||East Ayrshire Council|
|David Lambert||Arran High School|
|Robert Leadbeater||Kirkintilloch High School|
|Mandy Miller (Chair)||Lochgelly High School|
|Donna Minto||Aberdeenshire Council|
|Mae Murray||North Ayrshire|
|Kathleen Picken||Dumfries & Galloway Council|
|Ronnie Robertson (Vice-Chair)||East Dunbartonshire|
|Fiona Sellar||Nairn Academy|
||South Ayrshire Council
||University of Glasgow
|Melvyn Turnbull||Breadalbane Academy|
|Graeme Wilson (Secretary/Treasurer)||Kirkcaldy|
|Louise Wood||Argyll and Bute|